The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to care for this stuff. im clueless. does it require high light? co2? i bought shrimp off a guy and he gave me some riccia and moss. the riccia was just little tiny pieces but i don't really know what to do with it. right now its floating in my tank but gets covered by the duckweed and kind of obstructed by frogbits. some of the little pieces have gone from light green to dark green so im not sure if its dying or not. suggestions?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know how to care for it..........I'm more interested in trying to kill it :). I'm not sure what it's ideal conditions, some snuck in to my 55gallon semi-aggressive community tank that is over lit(still dialing it in) and I have to clean it weekly. If I didn't by the end of a month or so it would cover the entire surface of the tank and be a couple inches think. It's also in a 10 gallon 'pod growing tank that is lit by two 13watt daylight cfl bulbs and I have to scoop a couple fist fulls of it every few weeks. The ten gallon is also infested with duckweed so it can handle being under duckweed and still grow ridiculously fast.

growing it shouldn't be a problem for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts