The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Acro, thank you for being available for questions. I wanted to grow them in bare bottom/sanded net cup - what do you do to fertilize them? How do you keep the top humid/moist?

Thanks!

Jan

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have some growing in an outdoor pond, in pots of Eco complete.
I throw some root tabs when ever I feel like it, about once a month.
I'll also add some dry ferts to the water once every few weeks.
Water changes are done by rain.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mickevwall - what type of weather do you experience? We have very hot dry climate here and of course the trees will be indoors to be in aquariums. Sounds like they are heavy feeders - do you have fauna in the pond?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hi Acro, thank you for being available for questions. I wanted to grow them in bare bottom/sanded net cup - what do you do to fertilize them? How do you keep the top humid/moist?
Thanks!
Jan
I like to help when I can. :D
They will grow with or without substrate. You can even root them onto a big rock.
For fertilizer, I mainly use the fish waste in the tank (goldfish, as they are very messy fish, thus produce lots of fertilizer) but I sometimes supplement with Flourish Comprehensive Supplement.
I don't do anything to keep the top humid above the water. The AC runs in the spring/summer and the heat runs in the winter. The leaves have always looked fine.
I've been growing them in freshwater for about 3 years, feel free to ask more questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.