The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just conected my diffusor this morning and got the co2 running into the tank. I soaked the diffusor in the tank before running co2 for a day or two. I noticed the co2 coming out tof the disk is concentrated in two areas. There is alot of disk surface areas that has not cO2 coming out of it what so ever.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should i give it a bleach bath?
I bought it from Aquaticmagic here on this forum.

Thanks for your help!!!

-Pete

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It has to do with pressure from the Co2 tank. Turn up the needle valve and you should notice a difference. Mine is only concentrated in one or two areas, but it isn't a big deal IMHO. There's still a steady stream of bubbles that come out and get mixed into the water from the spraybar right above it. The tank has good Co2 levels, so I'd say you don't need Co2 to come out of every crevice. If it gets covered in algae, just soak it in water with a little bit of bleach (rinse it really well afterwards)...that works well.
Also, pay attention to the little pocket of water that gets trapped under the disk. After soaking it in bleach, you may have some bleach down there, so try to get everything out and rinse it well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.