The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this fish for over 15 years. Wish I knew exactly when I got it, but it had grown from a juvenile to adult size before opening my LFS in late 2007.

When I got this fish, it was great at keeping old growth Anubias clean and I thought these were the best cleaner fish for large tanks that existed. As it grew older though, it's no longer good at that job and may in fact do more harm than good uprooting plants and stirring things up. Even the floaters get upended when I offer flake food. But this fish has gotten really good at surface feeding and this morning I was able to capture it on my phone.

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to rehome him/her for the last 6-7 years to keep from replanting so often but I've yet to come across someone with a better tank who would want such a fish. I offer him to @mjwgh2 every time he comes! But a cursory Google says these fish live 10-15 years and I feel sure I've had him at least 15. So it's probably not got too many years left and besides, we've been through a lot together!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.