The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am putting together a 55 gallon planted list of planned stock and equipment

tank
55g 48x13x20

filter
fluval 405 i can add a marinland 350b if you guys think i need another filter the filter is already established

water movement
aquaclear 70 power head

light
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...pcatid=16 770
the 48 inch frshwater 2 bulb 108w light
and then 2 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=12760 for night time

substare
4 bags of florite

stocking list
2 angles
4 german blue rams or bolivian or gold which would be the best
10 Harlequin Rasbora
6 neons
6 peppred cories
6 Kuhli Loachs

will be very heavily planted

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are you going to use CO2?

If not, that 108W light you linked to is probably too high light. Look for 45-80W if your going to do T5HO without c02 or 75-110W for T5 NO.

You should probably take half the media out of the marineland filter and put it inside the Fluval 405 so you can make use of the established bacteria in your marineland.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I'd add more Neons. Keep in mind that adult Angelfish will sometimes eat small tetras, though.

You could go with any of the Rams you mentioned, but I'd probably play it safe and get only 1 male. 2 males/2 females MAY work- as long as you've got lots of plants and decor to help them establish small territories and break up lines of sight when they start spawning and chasing each other.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about 10 bleeding hearts or something that size
2 angles
4 bolivian rams
6 peppred cories
6 Kuhli Loachs
10 Harlequin Rasbora

i am getting plants the day after christmas and can i add the rams after i add all the plants

yes co2 is being used

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.