The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my daughters tank from guppies and endlers. I'm keep 10 neon tetras, 3 albino corys, and 2 albino bristlenose plecos that are currently in the tank. I've been debating on what to add. The tank is decently planted with only about the front 4-6 inches not planted. Substrate is fluorite, I have a 2215 for the filter, and do 50-75% water changes every week to two weeks. I'm leaning toward a pair of gbr, more neons and some harlequin rad boras maybe. Any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'd get more neons (5-7), more cories (3-4), and 4 GBR (let them pair off by themselves; always works better that way). Having one larger school of fish looks much better than having two smaller schools. Another fish you could try is Bolivian rams. These make a much better starter cichlid than GBR because it takes a lot more to stress them out. GBR are particularly susceptible to stress.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yeah, to start off with. Chances are that you'll get a better pair if you get more fish, because they're a little like us: not everyone's compatible. The pair will beat up on the other rams once they've paired up, so it's advisable to remove the 'leftovers'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts