The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Vox here. Moved to Honolulu last May. I sold my 85 gallon planted tank before I moved here from Phoenix. I am ready to start a new tank and I have a couple questions:

1. Is this the best forum for local supplies and discussion?
2. Is there a Local club or society for people interested in Planted Tanks?
3. Suggestions for CO2 tanks and refills? (In the past I just swapped out a tank, as it was easier and quicker than waiting for a refill)

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my post. I look forward to getting into the Hobby again, I miss my tank :)

Vox

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello,

Vox here. Moved to Honolulu last May. I sold my 85 gallon planted tank before I moved here from Phoenix. I am ready to start a new tank and I have a couple questions:

3. Suggestions for CO2 tanks and refills? (In the past I just swapped out a tank, as it was easier and quicker than waiting for a refill)

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my post. I look forward to getting into the Hobby again, I miss my tank :)

Vox
There's a handful of LFS: Aquascape, Kalihi Pet Center, Pets Plus, Coral Fish, and a few more that I can't think of right now. We have the big chain store, too. They have some good folks that work for them (and not so good).

Honolulu Aquarium Society

There's a GasPro in town as well. However I don't know how their prices compare.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hello,

Vox
Welcome Vox!

This is probably one of the most active planted forums out there. There are others out there too.

As far as local club or society yeah there's one Honolulu aquarium society. There are several well experienced people there propagating plants and setting up planted tanks

Co2 exchange the best is Triple F or hydroponics kahala. Cheapest and probably the fastest. $75 deposit and $45 refill for the 20# tank. Great service and lovely people at hydroponics

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. I picked up an ADA 60P from Aquascapes today. I have substrate, now I just need to decide on scaping materials. Aquascapes had too many choices for the amount of time I had to look today, I need to check back later when I can spend more time. Jojo was awesome at answering questions, making suggestions and barinstorming with me :)

Also had a great experience at Petland in Kahala. I didnt get the guys name, younger guy, but he helped to answer questions and catch me up on new lighting options.

Great experiences so far. I am excited for the posibilities :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions. I picked up an ADA 60P from Aquascapes today. I have substrate, now I just need to decide on scaping materials. Aquascapes had too many choices for the amount of time I had to look today, I need to check back later when I can spend more time. Jojo was awesome at answering questions, making suggestions and barinstorming with me :)

Also had a great experience at Petland in Kahala. I didnt get the guys name, younger guy, but he helped to answer questions and catch me up on new lighting options.

Great experiences so far. I am excited for the posibilities :)
Petland guy is probably Scott well expert in the hobby. Great scaling ideas. Highly recommended

Jojo at Aquascapes great expertise in the aquascaping world from what I hear and see he learned from the man Takashi Amano

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.