The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I came across a listing on craigslist for a guy looking to unload his 110 tank due to a move and is selling or trading it for a 50 or 75 gallon. I luckily have a 50 gallon that I am looking to upgrade towards a larger tank. However, the guy told me the tank hasn't leaked and the silicone looks like its in good shape still. However, I am unsure if I should reseal the tank, ignore the trade altogether and just buy new? If anyone has resealed a tank, is it worth the hassle of doing and if so will it hold up for years to come?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I came across a listing on craigslist for a guy looking to unload his 110 tank due to a move and is selling or trading it for a 50 or 75 gallon. I luckily have a 50 gallon that I am looking to upgrade towards a larger tank. However, the guy told me the tank hasn't leaked and the silicone looks like its in good shape still. However, I am unsure if I should reseal the tank, ignore the trade altogether and just buy new? If anyone has resealed a tank, is it worth the hassle of doing and if so will it hold up for years to come?
I've resealed 4 tanks and it's not hard at all. There are some videos you can watch that will walk you through it. I recently resealed a 110g tall myself and did it in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If it's that cheap and you're not in a hurry, pick it up and give a week-long leak test. I wouldn't reseal it just because it's used. The ideal would be to see it full of water before plunking down the money.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've re-sealed several. Not hard at all. watch a youtube video and have at it.....good way to pick up tanks cheap.
I am more concerned about scratched glass than a leaky tank...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.