The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see by the pics, this was my first planted tank. I like to call it the "early jungle look". Very overplanted and out of control. I did much better on my next planted tank. Believe it or not there's 3 pieces of driftwood in there, not that you could see it! I would like to rescape the whole thing. I don't have any where that I can put the fish right now, so can this be done with the fish in it without stressing them out too much? Would love some pointers and suggestions on how to make this unruly jungle look like a nicely planted tank. Should I just take everything out and start over? The tiger lotus is truly out of control. Help!

Attachments

·
Banned
220 Posts
i would first get some of the red plants out of the middle because red leaves make the tank look dark and crowded, so you may want to move them to the sides. also i might just take some plants out and sell them or trim them back, also if you do this at a slow and steady pace you shouldn't need to take your fish out just do two tasks a day. you could add some lighter collored gravel or rainbow rock to lighten the mood (be sure to do it in steps because if you put too much gravel on too quick it can cause ammonia spikes), but yeah over all if you take out some plants move some plants and add some different lighting objects or plans it could look a lot nicer and brighter, im excited to see what you make it look like i love your set up. p.s. when your done just sheen up your stand and tank with some pledge it will make everything shiny, the key is to just do lots of little things.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I would trim some of the Lillys. Leave 2 leaves and they will stay short. Also would put them to one side or the other to draw eyes through out the tank. Have some tall plants behind the Lillys.

Here info on golden ratio used for photos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.