The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just did a rescape on the my desktop fluval spec CRS tank. I love feedback/criticism/suggestions. I have two thoughts about future tweaks. Something about the wood bothers me, so I may tie some moss to it, I just don't want it to spread too crazy and overshadow the other plants or the moss wall. Second, the front right looks empty to me, if it still looks that way if I put the moss on the wood I may plant some Pogostemon erectus trimmings there.

Before:
Water Vertebrate Light Pet supply Organism
After:
Water Plant Green Grass Pet supply
Current plants:
Java moss wall
Micranthemum micranthemoides
Myriophyllum mattogrossense
Anubias nana petite

Hoping they all do well under the stock light with some excel.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added some Taiwan moss to the wood and trimmed the pogostemon a touch. I still am not a big fan of it in that corner. Thinking I need something low lying with broader leaves. Also, never kept two different mosses in the same tank before, hope they won't mix too much.

Plant Water Grass Pet supply Aquatic plant

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love your floor to ceiling carpet... hehe. Personally, I like the anubias than the wood better but I guess you've already grown tired of that scape.
Thanks lol, yah I was getting bored of just the anubias and moss. I wanted something with more of a variety of plants and planted a little more densely.

"low lying with broader leaves"

What about staurogyne repens?
That might work. I also may give it a try with some Blyxa Japonica that I should have coming soon.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I ended up going with the S. Repens. Also replaced the Anubias nana petite with some Elatine Triandra. Prlly gonna end up switching that back though. I might just give the Anubias some time floating in the co2 injected tank to put out some more leaves.

Plant Liquid Botany Fluid Pet supply

I just noticed that the lighting in the spec doesn't exactly make for good pictures as its reflecting off the plants in the pictures. I'll see if I can do anything about that later and maybe get another picture up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's looking really nice. I like the contrast of greens and you have a nice variety of textures. How did you make your moss wall?
I couldn't find any mesh locally that had large enough holes to let the moss grow through, so I found a finer mesh and sewed a large portion of the moss to the front of it. It has started to attach itself but isn't quite done yet.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was just looking at this thread and noticed the tank has grown in quite a bit. I've even trimmed a couple of the S. Repens since the last update. I may even need to go through what I'm sure will be a tedious task of trimming the moss. Almost all the elatine melted with the exception of a single node. I'm leaving it for now to see what it does.

Plant Plant community Green Water Leaf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts