The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to rescape the tank over the holidays as I received a shipment of manzanita driftwood. The Amazon sword plants were getting too thick and limiting the swimming room for the discus. I tried to create a hybrid discus biotope, as I like the look of having a planted tank.
I am not 100% happy with the plantings and plant selection. Any suggestions are very wlecomed.

A little more info on the Tank: I'm using presurized CO2 1 bubble/2 seconds. Daily fertilzer dosing of Excel, Iron and Tropica fertilizer

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Welcome to The Planted Tank! Looks great. One thing you could try would be a black/dark colored background, which should highlight your fish and plants a bit better.

Welcome to the site. I totally agree with Wasserpest, about the dark background. I noticed in mine every pops out more. Also I like the driftwood you have in there and beautiful discus.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Beautiful fish and plants! Very nice wood as well, my only suggestion: move the middle manzanita so that the stump end is above the water line just like the two on the left and right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.