The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I basically used the same rocks and plants I already had, but I took out the white gravel I had in the front (had flora max in the back) and just dumped a second bag of flora max.
Which do you guys think looks better?
The before:
uploadfromtaptalk1394593550749.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394593580024.jpg
Or the after?
uploadfromtaptalk1394593625130.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394593652738.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.
I think it looks more natural now.
In the first one I also had a castle and other ornaments where I had some ferns tied to.
I removed those.
There's less stuff in the second setup, and it looks more full, lol.
I'm definitely not done with this tank, I want to get better lighting, more plants and fish.
So it's gonna get some more rescaping till I'm happy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks good! Aquascape is an evolution. Can't tell you how much my tanks have changed from when I started .... Lol

You had ferns stuck in your intakes, looks neatO!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they floated there when they where babies, and I just let them grow.
Bad idea, as the tubes get filled with roots and slows down your water flow.
I took them out, cleaned the tubes, and now my plants won't stop waving in the water thanks to the good water flow I'm getting.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Just thourouly investigate the light you intend to up-grade to as the more of it the more ferts are needed. There is no "rule" on how high of lights yoiu can get before being disqualified for low tech...LOL...but there is a point that you can cross between algae and no algae. Anubias, Crypts and Java Ferns are slow growing and as such tend to collect algae on the leaves in the higher light tanks unless placed under another plant/rock/wood for shade. Just in case.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.
I'm thinking of being slightly above 1 watt per gallon with pc lights.
It's a retro fit kit that some one recommended to me on my introduction thread.
I'm planning on keeping it low tech, but I do wanna get some flourish and some flourish Excel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I was looking at the chart he has there, and it looks like with the pc's I'm planning to get, with my tank depth I would be comfortably in the low/medium spectrum, somewhere in the high 30's.
Thanks for the input!
Edited for better light info.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So, instead of a new thread, I'll just bump this old one, and keep it as a journal of sorts.
It's been a while since I posted here, and looking at the pic of my last rescape has made me realize just how long it has been.
My tank had gotten way overcrowded with plants, even with regular trimmings, that I just gave away to three friends of mine more plants then are in that picture, lol.
Anyway, I just redid the entire landscape, still the same materials, just moved everything around a bit.
So I wanted to post some pics here to see what you guys think.
TIA for any comments/criticism!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts