The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to deconstruct my old 5 gallon desktop tank and do something new.

This is the new scape.

Still working on the plant design. Just have clippings from my other tank to have something going

Live stock: from (pre existing planted tank)
4 Boraras brigittae
1 Ottocat
1 ramshorn snail
3 Shrimp
1 harlequin rasbora

The filter- is a AquaClear 20, and I'm loving it.

Lighting- is 5600K 13watt CFL bulb which always did good work in combination with this aquarium.

Current plants are trimmings and plants from the previous scape. most of this is going to be changed.

dwarf hair grass

dwarf baby tears

Rotala indica

Ludwigia

limnophila sessiliflora

And one anubias

I appreciate the kind words and look forward to share more once i really get the plants and fish booming.

W

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow,.. I love that stump! Is that one piece? Or did you put many pieces together to get that look?

Whiskey
It's a combination of three pieces of Manzanita wood. I dug through the barrels at my LFS putting together combinations.. until i found the pieces that I liked. :p

It was far cheaper and offers plenty of hiding spots...than the stumps they had for sale. :)

W

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Moved 6 celestial pearl danio from my one fluval ebi to this.... figured i would enjoy them more, and they wouldn't get harassed by the golden white cloud minnows ever again :p

Also added a sparkling gourami

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am so impressed by the stump. :proud:
Will have to relook at the stuff at the LFS, you have inspired me. :icon_bigg
Thanks a lot. Happy to inspire, just need to spend the time arranging and looking at each piece at different angles/together ... With some imagination you can create anything.

W

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Not surprised that the light does well. I just three days ago read where the horticulture industry is saying their getting better results from 5500K bulbs than from 6500 or 6700K ones. Some of those sites now stock the 24" and 48" bulbs in that K rating of 5500K.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not surprised that the light does well. I just three days ago read where the horticulture industry is saying their getting better results from 5500K bulbs than from 6500 or 6700K ones. Some of those sites now stock the 24" and 48" bulbs in that K rating of 5500K.
That sounds like an interesting read...if you have the link i would like to check it out... I work in film and photography industry and we classify 5500K as daylight so it made sense to start with that. So far i have been pretty happy with it, for a nano it makes perfect sense.

W

1 - 14 of 14 Posts