The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was wondering if any one here might know the best way to replace the clear plastic or plastic-like cover that covers the bulbs in a coralife fixture. I have a 48 inch, 230 watt coralife CF fixture with the that piece missing. I've been searching the internet for a replacement, but haven't had any luck so far. Can any one here point me in the right direction as per finding a replacement part? Or, might I have better luck finding/crafting a replacement at a hardware store? All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
jason

·
Registered
336 Posts
The one on my light is cracked and I have not been able to find it either. I plan to take it to our local auto glass people and have them cut one from a piece of Plexiglas. I hope I can carefully remove the black end-piece and reattach it.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
The one on my light is cracked and I have not been able to find it either. I plan to take it to our local auto glass people and have them cut one from a piece of Plexiglas. I hope I can carefully remove the black end-piece and reattach it.

They come apart easily. You shouldn't have to remove the black "end caps"(for lack of better words). On the left side of the fixture is a little slit for the Plexiglas to slide out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to those who responded to my question. I've bookmarked a couple of the sites given as possible place to find the part I was looking for. I haven't found a source for the part I've been looking for. I think that I will try to replace the plastic-whatever cover for these lights with parts from a hardwaew store. I will post again about mu experiences.
j

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.