The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the thread size is on the Milwaukee Instruments MA957. My low pressure gauge is out and needs to be replaced. Where can I find such a replacement gauge?

·
Registered
794 Posts
You can get replacement gauges from grainger or any welding supply shop

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Plumbing parts like this are one area where I have run into so many small glitches that I like to actually SEE the things fit. With that in mind I would go to somewhere like Praxair or a welding supply and try one to see it work. They are normally somewhere under $20 so a lot of money can't be saved on the internet or by running too far to find one.

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
So do all regulators have the same thread size and type and what is it exactly?
They are typically NPT standard, and come in various sizes, the most common of which (for our purposes) are 1/4" and 1/8".

·
Registered
722 Posts
FYI, some of the Milwaukee regs. have some type of thread sealant on all threaded ports, this can be a bit tough to remove gauges.
I once applied a wet cloth to the reg. body & directly heated the gauge stem , this worked well for me, don`t need to apply a lot of heat, I used a BBQ lighter.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The gauge oldpunk suggested would work. But to answer your question more directly... milwaukee regulators have 1/8 npt gauges. so just go on ebay and search the terms "1/8 psi gauge" or "1/8 pressure gauge" you're looking for something any where in the range of 0-100 psi.

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
The reason I suggest going with actually seeing things fit on small cheap parts like gauges is that there are several other things involved besides jut the pipe size. Besides needing the correct size as 1/8, 1/4, etc. , you will need to have the correct number of threads per inch as well as there are some items using right hand threads and some using left hand. Milwaukee is common enough that it may be close to some standard but for twenty dollar items, I find it better to buy where I can see it screws together rather than taking a shot at savings maybe three dollars but wind up with the wrong part so that I lose both time and money sending it back. If you are in Bremerton, there are likely to be ten shops within an easy drive.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The reason I suggest going with actually seeing things fit on small cheap parts like gauges is that there are several other things involved besides jut the pipe size. Besides needing the correct size as 1/8, 1/4, etc. , you will need to have the correct number of threads per inch as well as there are some items using right hand threads and some using left hand. Milwaukee is common enough that it may be close to some standard but for twenty dollar items, I find it better to buy where I can see it screws together rather than taking a shot at savings maybe three dollars but wind up with the wrong part so that I lose both time and money sending it back. If you are in Bremerton, there are likely to be ten shops within an easy drive.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but for <10 bucks you could get a cheap replacement gauge. Milwaukee regulators use standard ports and fittings namely 1/8-27 npt right hand threads. 1/8 npt rh is standard so ebay gauges should pose no problem. But if you like buying shoes in store rather than online then go for it. :flick:

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
But if you like buying shoes in store rather than online then go for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts