The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy just the cheap waterproof LEDs that come with hoods these days? I had to pay $25 for a 10 gallon LED hood just to remove these LEDs for a nano tank project when I know if I could only find them online they would be about $5

I used aquarium sealer to attach them to the lighting hood, worked great! Now I have another project, but I do not want to spend $25 for another set! They need to be thin and waterproof to fit under my 5 gallon hood.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what I ended up coming up with for a 5 gallon tank, using lights I had around. The center light is from a Marineland Contour 5 tank which has moonlight LEDs too. I used tank sealer to glue the lights to the hood, and I also had to Dremel out the factory wire supports. Works amazing! I still need to separate the moonlight wiring from the switch box and run it to its own power supply and timer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.