The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I replaced my drop checker fluid. (as I have in the past) The first day it didn't change color like it normally does. On the second day it started changing like it normally does.

I replaced the fluid again and the same thing has happened. It has not changed color the first day. I change the fluid at night, right after my water change and tank cleaning. So the next day it does not react.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Why would NEW fluid take that long to react?

Today is the second day. I fully expect it to react and be light green and react normally.

I am asking because I am wondering if it's a sign of something I may have missed in my tank.

iso

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
About a month ago I replaced my drop checker fluid. (as I have in the past) The first day it didn't change color like it normally does. On the second day it started changing like it normally does.

I replaced the fluid again and the same thing has happened. It has not changed color the first day. I change the fluid at night, right after my water change and tank cleaning. So the next day it does not react.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Why would NEW fluid take that long to react?

Today is the second day. I fully expect it to react and be light green and react normally.

I am asking because I am wondering if it's a sign of something I may have missed in my tank.

iso
What kind of solution/fluid are you using? Best results come from using a 4dkh solution and the liquid api ph solution. The stuff that comes with these things typically just sucks.

This could be a potential sign of a leak in your system and no/less co2 making it into the tank. But start with the simple things first which would confirming the correct solution in the drop checker.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of solution/fluid are you using? Best results come from using a 4dkh solution and the liquid api ph solution. The stuff that comes with these things typically just sucks.

This could be a potential sign of a leak in your system and no/less co2 making it into the tank. But start with the simple things first which would confirming the correct solution in the drop checker.
I use 4dkh solution and the blue drops that came with it. I have always used the same solution. It always changes blue to greenish/ yellow as it is supposed to.

I just don't understand why the first day doesn't really effect the color.

iso

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is it possible that the drop checker is just that slow to react? I no longer use drop checkers for just this reason.

If you take the drop checker out of the tank, how long does it take to turn back to blue?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible that the drop checker is just that slow to react? I no longer use drop checkers for just this reason.

If you take the drop checker out of the tank, how long does it take to turn back to blue?
I am not sure.

I will have to test it.

My guess is by the time I get home from work it will have turned like it normally does.

iso

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.