The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought one of these online and it seemed to work well. I've had it less than 3 weeks.

Unfortunately I got a large slug of air into it when I was messing around in the tank and the filter was running. I shut it off, re-filled it using the funnel thing, and then waited for the air to eventually stop coming out the spray bar.

I come in the next morning and the filter is still spewing small bubbles of air. (I am not feeding co2 into it. I gently shake the filter while it is running and quite a bit of air comes out with cavitation noises. Tiny bubbles stop, and all seems well. Half a day later I seem to have tiny bubbles again, so I shake, get cavitation, fairly large amounts of air out, etc.

This seems to be a never ending cycle. I don't think I have an air leak anywhere.

What is likely to be the problem? It's annoying as hell.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You said you are not feeding air into the tank at all, or into the filter? If you are, the dissolved gas could be coming out and accumlating the in filter-- either co2 or o2 from pearling. i dont think you have a leak anywhere, since water would be coming out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Empty the canister. Make sure the inlet & outlet is under water. Connect the quick disconnect valve to the canister & push it down, it should start filling the canister w/ water & start spewing out air. Wait for about 5mins. then plug it in. It should work now. Good Luck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I agree, check your intake to make sure that the connections are tight. Check the length of the hoses, check to make sure that the cap on the intake is tight. (the one you poor water in). Also, check to see if the sponges need cleaning and that the gasket on the lid is in good condition and in place.

Tina

·
Registered
879 Posts
Check all the connections.

Make sure that the intake is not restricted.

Make sure the sealing gasket is clean.
I agree with Rex. Every time I clean my Xp3's I actually remove the gaskets and wipe them off to to ensure a good seal so that the canister does not draw in air or leak water.

Also make sure the media baskets and power head are seated properly.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.