The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my rena xp1 without cutting the proper measurements with the hoses. Now it's too long and bending so I did some adjustments so it wouldn't bend and reduce the flow. How do I get all the water out from hose and how do I unplug the hoses from the quick disconnect valve? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
  1. Unplug filter
  2. lift up on quick disconnect handle (prevents siphoning)
  3. drain hoses in bucket or other container

Don't cut hoses too short because whenever you need to disassemble hoses to clean, you will want to cut a real small piece off the ends (3/8") so you will have a tight connection again during reassembly. Don't cut to much, so there is still a slight widening still at the very end so it is easier to twist hose back on during reassembly. It is also good to save whatever is cut off so you have something to gauge size whenever you have to buy hose nipples in the future.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I've got a few filters with hoses that are prone to kink, and I did the good old DIY with an old metal coat hanger and duct tape to prop them open... doesn't look pretty, but it works. :)

I've also had to cut hoses off of filters to separate them before. I just cut the hose as near as possible to the filter prong, and then cut along the tubing with a knife or pair of scissors. Shouldn't waste more than an inch or two, and sometimes it's the only way to get them separated...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.