The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good methods for removing BBA from driftwood (not in the tank)? My entire tank had succumbed to BBA, and I gave up the fight. Unforutnately the driftwood I had in their looked fantastic, but I'm afraid to re release BBA spores into the tank. Any suggestions for removing the dried BBA from the driftwood? I was going to try sanding it off, but I would rather use a solution method if possible. I'm hesitant to use any kind of bleach due to the porosity of the wood. Please help..

Thanks,

Joe

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I ran mine through the dishwasher on the "sterilize" cycle with no chemicals to kill some clado recently.

Then my Amano shrimp and BN plecos ate the dead algae off the wood when I put it back in the tank.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
A household pressure washer, usually sold for wood deck maintenance, works very well. I have cleaned my wood 3 times, using that method, and it comes out completely free of the BBA.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, everyone. Those are all great. I just tried some spot treatment with H2O2, but I think that you're right that it needs to SOAK. I'm not sure my dishwasher has a sterilize cycle, but I think the pressure washer idea should work well.

I'll give it a shot if I can get my hands on one.

Thanks, again.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.