The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She keeps attacking my guppies that have more flowy tails. Possibly going to look into rehoming her or getting a separate tank for her and a mate so she's not residing in a TupperWare container the rest of her days 馃ぃ

Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sadly, we went from 6 guppies to 5 :(

Banned
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She killed one of the guppies after ripping its tail to shreds

Banned
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if I want to rehome it or if I just invest in a separate tank for just like 3 paradise fish (2 females I have one female, 1 male), as I'm remodelling part of my room to be a fish room, essentially. How big of a tank would you need for 3 paradise fish?

Registered
I've never really tried keeping them together. I have kept single males in much the same settings as my betta community tanks (with danios/ rasbora and sometimes cories). I'm not 100% on their temperament towards same species but if they're anything like most other gourami it will be very hit or miss in personality matches. Keeping 1 male plus community fish I did them in 30 gallon tanks. I'd say if you want to keep 3 I'd do a 40b for them with a bunch of dithers and more than 60% planted. That would set you up for better odds of success. Maybe someone with more experience with paradise fish can chime in as I'm definitely not experienced in keeping multiples.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i need more shy paradise fish lmao

Registered
馃槀 I wish you could order "shy" fish. Lol, imagine being able to be taken seriously going to an lfs and asking for a "well mannered" Gourami. I used to trade betta with another hobbyist and she always wanted my feistiest males and I wanted her most mellow females. That was the only time I ever was able to ask for a mellow betta and not be looked at like I had 10 heads. I wish you luck in your quest to find shy gourami!!

Banned
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man.... I really don't know what to do with her, because I just tossed her into my 3.5 gallon quarantine tank for her to be isolated for a bit. She's still quite small, about the size of an adult female guppy on the smaller side. She's doing great, but I'm not so sure I want to keep up with her demand for guppy fry in her diet. Unless I give her a guppy fry before a meal, she barely will touch the other food I drop in there.

Registered
You could try putting a plastic slotted breeder box at the water line- the fry can get in but the gourami can't... It won't save all of them but it could give a few of them a good chance at survival.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.