The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Erin, and I live near Sacramento. I am relatively new to keeping fish. I've had my tanks about 5 months. They are all planted and doing great and I love my fish (and shrimp and Snails)! Annnd now I am about to move across the country.

I would like to give all of my stuff away. Like give. But I'm scared that I can't find anyone who knows about fish AND plants and could do a decent job of taking care of them. They're not exciting fish, but I love them and want them to be taken care of!

Is there a good place to post them here and see if anyone would be willing to take them? If I can't find anyone, I'm gonna have to put them in a bucket with air and heat and hope for the best, which I'd really rather not do.

Any suggestions about where I could post? Thank you!

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
268 Posts
You could try the RAOK (random acts of kindness section). Just curious what type of fish are they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try the RAOK (random acts of kindness section). Just curious what type of fish are they?
Ok awesome, thank you!
I've got a betta, a honey gourami, ember tetras, pygmy corys, a breeding (constantly!) pair of sparkling gouramis and a ton of baby sparkling gouramis, white clouds, tons of cherry shrimp, ramshorn and assassin snails.
Those are all in different aquariums, btw, not just one!

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
268 Posts
Sparkling gouramis are pretty rare and so are assassin snails. You could try selling on aquabid or ebay.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes... I guess.

Good luck whatever you do!

·
Registered
268 Posts
No problem, anytime.

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
Post them in the For Sale section and your local state section for pick-up only and list fixed prices if you want to sell them. That way you don't have to worry about shipping.

But if you want to give them away, definitely post in the Random Acts of Kindness section and your local section with specifics. You'll typically be able to determine who is credible based on their post history. Many will even have tank journals so you can see what they know and how they care for their plants and critters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.