Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so the cornelius is fine as a regulator
cause if thats the case then ill get that model with the fabco nv-55

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
The "good NV" idea is saying that regardless of pressure the count wont increase or decrease? I'm sure it's possible, but how it does it is over my head.

I though EOTD was brought on by the regulators inability to handle the difference in pressure as the tank empties. Hence the shift to dual stage and not simply dual gauge.

SteveU

·
Registered
399 Posts
A good needle valve will provide consistent flow with consistent pressure. (not so good needle valves can travel so do not provide consistent flow) If pressure is increased/decreased on the input side of the needle valve then flow will increase/decrease also.

The only way to eliminate EOTD is with a dual stage regulator. (provides consistent output pressure even when input pressure changes)

So if you want to run your CO2 tank till empty with no EOTD and have consistent flow, the best option is dual stage regulator and good needle/metering valve.

Ahhh too much consistency... (use of the word consistent) :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
None of the above - Victor, Concoa, or Matheson dual stage with a good needle valve - as in a swaglock or Burkert not the cheap stuff.

Check out Left_C's new Dual stage regulator thread on Tom Barr's forum { http://www.barrreport.com/forumdisplay.php/6-CO2-and-Aquatic-Plant-Fertilization }

- Brad
Sorry, I'm not wanting a 5 lb regulator, don't need it because I've never had an EOTD and I run my CO2 empty all of the time. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. I was asking for an opinion or comparison of a Micromatics vs. Cornelius. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have 2 Micromatics...love em!
and if you have the money for an Ideal metering valve, you won't regret it.
I agree on the Ideal or a Swaglock needle valve. Between a dual stage reg and a good needle I've never worried about eotd's and I always run it dry.

- Brad

·
Many plants...little time
1,634 Posts
I agree on the Ideal or a Swaglock needle valve. Between a dual stage reg and a good needle I've never worried about eotd's and I always run it dry.

- Brad
Agreed, but I think the Ideal is better and more fine "tune-able"
I have the Swaglock as well but the Ideal takes the cake.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Agreed, but I think the Ideal is better and more fine "tune-able"
I have the Swaglock as well but the Ideal takes the cake.
Have you seen the Swaglock's with the vernier caliper handles? that's what I've got and it's as easy to tune as my Ideal tho that's the only type of Swag I've used.

- Brad

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The only way to eliminate EOTD is with a dual stage regulator. (provides consistent output pressure even when input pressure changes)
This statement implies that if you do not have a dual-stage regulator you will have an EOTD.... that simply is not the case.

I agree that a dual-stage regulator will help to prevent the possibility of an EOTD but have yet to see any evidence that it is a widespread problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.