The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am setting a pressurized CO2 system. Today I hooked the tank to the Azoo regulator. I closed the regulator and opened the main CO2 tank. The the High pres gauge read 1000psi. I opened the needle valve about 1/8 turn and opened the regulator until the Low pres read 20psi. I adjusted the rate to about 1bps (I want to take my time bumping it up). The problem is the low pres gauge looses pressure over time(1hour) to about 5psi. I checked the system using the soap/water system and found no leaks. I am a total newby regarding CO2. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. After a long search I found some posts that addressed this issue. However I tried 20psi and 30psi allready with the same results. As of right now I am trying 40psi but I am afraid that if I go higher I could damage the regulator. At 40psi I found that the needle valve was more accurate. Some of the other posts mentioned that new regulators could do this at the initial setup and later the issue went away. Has anyone else had this issue with Azoo regulators? At what psi do Azzo owners usually work? Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. This morning the low pres dropped from 40psi to 35psi. I bumped it back to 40psi. Now when I got home the low pres was at 45psi and the high pres went from 1000psi to 900psi. I checked for leaks again and found none. Is it normal for a new tank to drop this much initially? I've read some posts stating that their initial psi is about 800. Why is my initial pres 1000psi? My room temp is about 85F. Thanks

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The pressure of a CO2 cylinder that has liquid CO2 in it will vary with the temperature. There is a sticky here some where with the chart.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Hi. After a couple of days I realized that I had a slow leak in the main connection. Finding it was a little hard. I guess you need to have a good water:soap ratio to make it bubble. I got my tank refilled today. I got a new washer as well. My question is how tight is tight? I have a big adjustable wrench. Do I force it till sweat drops from my forehead? Could I actually break it?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I highly doubt you can break it. You want to get manly on it. I tighten it up to the point where I actually have a hard time breaking it free when it comes time to remove it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I did this when I got home. I then tested it for leaks and left it alone. 10 mins ago I went to look at the tank and I saw no bubbles coming out. I went to tweak the needle and nothing happened. Next thing that happens is sparks coming out of the solenoid. I mean a lot of sparks and smoke. I turned everything off (including the co2 cylinder). I guess a little soap/water got in and shorted it. Now I'm at the same place where I started. What kind of local store sells this type of solenoid? What should I ask for? I am a "CO2 ball of bad luck". Thanks

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Unless you have a store that sells pneumatic supplies I doubt you will find a solenoid.

I would highly suggest that you go to Clippard Online and find a distributor close to you. There are two in Puerto Rico. PM me if you need to know the specific model number. But chances are they won't have one in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts