The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Did you guys know that the reason that model was designed is for safety? If a big cylinder falls over, that design is to take the impact and not break the stem off the cylinder. ...just some useless info.

Cool setup! Do you turn off the solenoid? It looks to me like the CO2 tubing is holding back the 30 psi and that's really scary to me.

I dont want to hijack this thread, but I think that this regulator is a good option at a lo cost while buying new. At least when you buy new you know what you are getting.

I also like th compact desighn of the regulator.

Attached are a few pictures of how I set up my CO2. Please be kind as not everyone has a perfect looking system and mine may not be a "sexy" as most you see on here, but it works and for the most part it is not seen.

The first picture is of the compresion fitting I used to connect CO2 hose. It is the hose that GLA sells. This was a good way to convert tubing to a NPT thread.

Cool setup! Do you turn off the solenoid? It looks to me like the CO2 tubing is holding back the 30 psi and that's really scary to me.

Yes, the solenoid is on a timer and turns on and off every day. 30 PSI is a min. needed to run the atomic difuser so what is the diferance if it is 30 PSI before the slenoid or after?

Also 30 PSI is not much, your water hose is normaly 50 to 60 PSI, or at least it is at my house.

I have not seen any ill afects running the GLA Co2 hose at that preasure, in fact I tested it to 80 PSI just to see if it would fail. It did not even strech. Of course, that was only for a few minuites so maybe it will fail at 30 PSI, but I think it would take a while.

LionelC

Yes, the solenoid is on a timer and turns on and off every day. 30 PSI is a min. needed to run the atomic difuser so what is the diferance if it is 30 PSI before the slenoid or after?

Also 30 PSI is not much, your water hose is normaly 50 to 60 PSI, or at least it is at my house.

I have not seen any ill afects running the GLA Co2 hose at that preasure, in fact I tested it to 80 PSI just to see if it would fail. It did not even strech. Of course, that was only for a few minuites so maybe it will fail at 30 PSI, but I think it would take a while.

LionelC
I bought some of the GLA tubing; its some pretty stiff stuff compared to what most people are used too. A lot of people are fond of the silicone tubing these days.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.