The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Looooook!!!

Just finished renovating my regulator (from @Bettatail) to turn it into a dual output with dual metering valve one. So happy. It looks like a work of art.
Look nice, but you made the modification, not me, the art is from your work, :)
this is before, (what I made)

That is sleek. Mine looks like crap. Works but looks like crap
Put it out here and let's find the right fittings to make it another piece of art, ..

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
K here it goes @Bettatail . Not the greatest pic since it's tucked under my cabinet.
well, it actually look ok to me, all parts arranged in the right way and fit the space, unless you want to upgrade the regulator, I don't think there is any major work needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I just flip through my old photobucket pictures, something caught my eyes, you can probably use this style, this way the metering valves are lower than the solenoid, if the check valves in the bubble counter fail, the water can not go pass solenoid.

here are the pictures.
post body fittings order:
1/4 male npt to 1/8 male npt hex nipple
the SMC VWD solenoid
1/8 male npt to 1/8 female npt elbow
Brass Tee, 1/8 male npt center, 1/8 female npt on the side
two 1/8 male npt to 1/8 female npt elbow.
the metering valves..

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just flip through my old photobucket pictures, something caught my eyes, you can probably use this style, this way the metering valves are lower than the solenoid, if the check valves in the bubble counter fail, the water can not go pass solenoid.

here are the pictures.
post body fittings order:
1/4 male npt to 1/8 male npt hex nipple
the SMC VWD solenoid
1/8 male npt to 1/8 female npt elbow
Brass Tee, 1/8 male npt center, 1/8 female npt on the side
two 1/8 male npt to 1/8 female npt elbow.
the metering valves..

Man that's pretty pretty:surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.