The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/tyquqyty.jpg[/

IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/zuqasapa.jpg

Just got this scott specialty regulator and am a little unclear about a few things namely-

Despite the listing saying 75 psi and 3000 psi the gauges I received are 100 and 300 psi - I hope that these are two low side gauges and not indicative of my second question which is is this just a low pressure regulator?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. I couldn't find that data sheet nor could i fathom why a dual stage regulator would work with such low pressure. Seems like they just threw whatever couple of gauges were handy in when they shipped

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Pretty much, but for $25 you can't ask for much.
I once got a concao 432 ss for $25. It's all about the waiting game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
One thing to note is the gauge that has a reading when it is not on a tank. Normally that would say the gauge is ruined. If it thinks it has pressure now, how can it tell you what the real pressure is when you connect it?
I would not rate this seller very high as even a blind guy can see there is a problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
One thing to note is the gauge that has a reading when it is not on a tank. Normally that would say the gauge is ruined. If it thinks it has pressure now, how can it tell you what the real pressure is when you connect it?
I would not rate this seller very high as even a blind guy can see there is a problem.
It's hard to tell if the LP gauge is off 0 because there isn't a picture straight on. It might be on 0.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think it's one of the working pressure gauges with a minus value. Meaning it can read to minus - 30 psi too. I have a dual stage with this LP type gauge.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is a better pic - it can measure a vacuum

Another question - is there supposed to be a relief valve on the first stage (rear) of the unit shown here?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see - if not a valve what about a cap or plug of some sort? I can provide a better picture if needed

·
Registered
12,463 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I assume I have to do something about it so brass plug it is thanks again Rd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts