The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for being newb! haha but I pick up a cheap Milwaukee regulator, i was wondering if it you can upgrade the needle valve on it or is it stuck?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You can change it put you'll need the proper fittings to get from the solenoid to the check valve, needle valve and bubble counter.

SteveU

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... do you think its a good idea to go for an upgrade is it even worth it? i mean i've been researching and stuff i hear milwaukee isn't all so great but works. should i just use it for now i mean i'm getting that for like dirt cheap with co2 tank.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I've used JBJ and Milwaukee on SW tanks for years without issue. It wasn't until I came here that I found there were better (but more expensive) options. I just thought that was the way it was, hard to maintain a bubble count.

I'm not sure if the inconsistencies with those brands come from the regulators inability to hold a constant working pressure or the needle valves inability to regulate flow. It could be a combination of both and if that's the case maybe a new needle valve is pointless.

SteveU

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmm... do you think its a good idea to go for an upgrade is it even worth it? i mean i've been researching and stuff i hear milwaukee isn't all so great but works. should i just use it for now i mean i'm getting that for like dirt cheap with co2 tank.

I'm currently using a Milwalkee regulator and it's working great as far as I can tell. I bought it off a guy who was using it for a year before me. So far no problems with regulating the bubble count. Just follow the directions they give you (or you download) and be patient between adjustments until you get it right. They say wait 30-45 sec. after making very small adjustments - that's what I did and it's working great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts