The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have any experience with the regulator package on ebay with regulator, solenoid, and six way manifold with needle valves for $109.95 shipped? It is being sold by user goaqua88. Sorry I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts on this forum being new. The manifold looks like one sold by Marinedepot. Do you think this is to cheap to work adequately?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree with Left_C pay the extra bit of money and get a good rig instead of those two you'll be much happier in the long run instead of constantly tweaking one of those. I'd recommend a Victor dual-stage reg, a Ideal or Swagelok needle valve, a JBJ Brass Bubble Counter, and a Burkert 6011 Solenoid and any six way post kit you can put together.

- Brad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the one I was looking at. When you say constantly tweaking do you mean that it's really hard to get a constant co2 level period? Would it have to be adjusted daily, weekly or what? Is their some point where this would stay more or less adjusted or is it really that inefficient? Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Left_C would be a better person to ask but all of the Milwaukee's I've seen have had crappy needle valves that can't keep a contestant bubble count and had to be tweaked about once a week. That's the reason I started reading what Left_C was writing about Victors and I bought the stuff he recommended and I haven't had to do any work on it for a year now other than have the tank refiled. I did let the tank run completely out last time without any dumping issues. I wouldn't try that on a Milwaukee reg.

If you do go with a Milwaukee get a good needle valve and solenoid.

- Brad

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
fordtranny man told me that his dual stage regulators with multiple metering/needle valves hold their settings and don't waver or drift.

You may want to PM him for more specific info. You can catch him either here or SCAPE.

Check out posts #1418 to #1422 from the following: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/e...-stage-regulator-pimp-club-95.html#post931941

Left C said:
Wow! That is a monster!!

I'm curious, does the regulator hold a stable low pressure setting? It should.
fordtrannyman said:
Down to the very last micro bubble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts