The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any drawbacks with this arrangement? I know I would need an adapter to fit the regulator to the paintball tank. I am shooting for 3 to 4 bps. I am currently using a paintball CO2 setup. Not bad but the system isn't stable and I seem to experience my first major leak around the O ring on the ASA on/off valve for no reasons.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, you do miss out on the risk of the needle valve letting go under high pressure and doing significant damage to properties or persons. You miss out on some systemic instability as the pressures change, and you'll miss some of the variability in CO2 output. You also miss out on buying more equipment if you later decide to upgrade to a "regular" tank down the road.

Despite all giving up those things, I like my regulated paintball system. :smile:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you do miss out on the risk of the needle valve letting go under high pressure and doing significant damage to properties or persons. You miss out on some systemic instability as the pressures change, and you'll miss some of the variability in CO2 output. You also miss out on buying more equipment if you later decide to upgrade to a "regular" tank down the road.

Despite all giving up those things, I like my regulated paintball system. :smile:
Hahaha...thanks. I was thinking about reusing my 20oz paintball tank with a regulator. No big deal. I only paid $20 for paintball tank. I may as well order the 10lb CO2 tank, which I did. Despite I tried to go cheap and DIY, ultimately, I am ending up using a regulated CO2 system. Everything should be here by Friday, I hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.