The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up a little Fluval Spec II. Made a DIY co2 system and can't find a way to slow it down. Could work with the recipe I guess. Tried air line valves but they don't slow it enough. The drop checker is off the charts high.v wanna add some shrimp. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd work with the recipe but you could always try to make a pressure relief valve so your system doesn't explode after restricting co2 flow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great I put two inline air valves in last night. Got it dialed back to about 1 bps. Now all I can think about is the thing exploding all over my dinning room.

I didn't think the bottle would blow up just figured the tubing would come apart. We'll see when I get home from work.

Definitely gonna work on the recipe. :-\

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great I put two inline air valves in last night. Got it dialed back to about 1 bps. Now all I can think about is the thing exploding all over my dinning room.

I didn't think the bottle would blow up just figured the tubing would come apart. We'll see when I get home from work.

Definitely gonna work on the recipe. :-\
Chances are the worst that would happen would be something coming loose but projectiles or a big mess are definitely possible.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you are using 2L bottles, you could always go with 20oz bottles. They work well with my 7g and 8" cube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts