The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't find this on the forums or Google so I thought I'd just ask: What is the actual difference between ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil and ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil ver. 2? I ordered the latter but I already have the former and I'm wondering whether or not to use it at all. The first time I used the regular ADA aqua soil, it broke faster than it was supposed to, but I'm sure I did something stupid to make that happen. I'm not sure if ver. 2 will last longer, or if it's overall better that I should just refrain from using my old bag of ADA aquasoil.

Turns out my old bag is actually ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil Powder, I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference to the original kind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It took me a little while to figure it out but it looks like Amazonia ver. 2 is basically less heavily loaded with nutrients than the original. It comes with a little package of root tabs to compensate. I think they probably needed a product that was more forgiving for people who were stepping up to the active substrate game. Either that or it was a supply chain/manufacturing issue. There is a post on the ADA website from a couple years ago about how they have been having trouble with production.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts