The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to setup several autodosers and I need to pick up 3 reducer tees.

I will be connecting 1/8" tubing to 1/2" tubing so i would need a 1/8"x1/2"x1/2" tee.

Does anyone know a place i can get this from for a fair price?

THanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
You should be able to find Ts and barb fittings to make whatever you need at just about any hardware or home improvement store.

It shouldn't be more than $5 or $6 for what you're planning.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmm getting closer to 1/8, haha. most hardware stores dont have this tee and the only other option is getting a bunch of adapters which id rather avoid due to restricting flow and having a bulky tee

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Go to Lowes, Menards, or Home Depot and get some of their icemaker tubing, it is .170 ID and polyethylene; when you put it in boiling water it fits on a 1/4" barb and once it cools is a very tight seal.......DC

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you cannot find it locally, there has to be something that works at USPlastic.com. I have used them to get parts for various aquarium projects and they have always had what I was looking for at a good price (and shipping is relatively cheap and fast).

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i might have to end up buying a barbed coupler and tapping it myself for a 1/8 barb. bah

·
Registered
121 Posts
Try Googling "aqua medic reducing tee" and you'll find something that will fit your needs to a tee... <ahem>... for about nine dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts