The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I im new to angelfish and may or may not be having trouble.

Bump:

another picture.
parameters
ph8.2
amonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 1.0 ish
temp 78f
Made first post to test picture link. Im not sure if that red coloration by back fins is something to be concerned about they seem happy and very active. If its trouble from what ive read it may be a bacterial thing?
I have had these guys for about three days and havent really noticed the red until today. For now these guys are in a 29 gallon but will be moved to a 65 gallon in a few weeks. I started cycling a new 40 breeder, then a week later bought these angels and have decided when they get fully grown they will need more space. My 29gal grow out will become a 40gal grow out :)
Thanks for any advice. It really doesnt seem like anythings wrong other than a high ph.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as a heads up, the photos aren't appearing. You might need to make them 'public' in Google drive to have them show up, or upload the images to another image hosting site like imgur.
very much appreciated will figure that out now

Bump: did these photos work?

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, those worked.

With that said, where's the red spot? :D (or rather, to me the redder spot near the back tail looks normal enough, not like a wound or infection. Is there anything else that I'm not seeing?)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should be able to see black circles i drew. I tried getting a better pic but he wont hold still and when he does my camera is not in focus.

Bump: i think actually the best way to describe how it looks is if you pinched your finger and were going to get a blood blister but hasnt turned black yet. like a pinkish area.....

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe im just paranoid went through a BUNCH of google pictures and some of the lighter colored angels like mine have them. Im just very fond of these little guys have been checking my water 2x a day etc. The spots im trying to point out ive just noticed almost come and go with their stripes.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Any sign of redness on his nose? If not, my guess is it's just blood flow close to the surface and the coloration isn't dark enough to disguise it. Is also possible he was subjected to ammonia burn at some point (like during shipping). I have a silver who seems to have the same thing going on. I passed on this fish initially because he also had the red nose. I figured he was doomed from bacterial septicemia. I returned one of the ones I did get for replacement, and got him then because the discoloration had disappeared. Since I've had him almost a year, I suspect it was due to exceedingly bad shipping conditions (3 adult angels should NOT be crammed into an 8" bag. Breeders would bag them individually. Obviously wholesalers aren't as particular.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any sign of redness on his nose? If not, my guess is it's just blood flow close to the surface and the coloration isn't dark enough to disguise it. Is also possible he was subjected to ammonia burn at some point (like during shipping). I have a silver who seems to have the same thing going on. I passed on this fish initially because he also had the red nose. I figured he was doomed from bacterial septicemia. I returned one of the ones I did get for replacement, and got him then because the discoloration had disappeared. Since I've had him almost a year, I suspect it was due to exceedingly bad shipping conditions (3 adult angels should NOT be crammed into an 8" bag. Breeders would bag them individually. Obviously wholesalers aren't as particular.)
I think your right. No redness on the nose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.