The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what is happening to one of my plants...can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong....I am EI dosing....pressurized CO2 in the tank, about 4.1WPG for about 8-10hrs/day....no other effects to other plants....thoughts?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I knew, I would tell you haha....the fish store never gave me a insert with the name...it just looked nice in their tank haha If anyone can ID it i'd welcome it!

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
The reddening of leaves in my tank means that I have high lighting and good co2. That's in my tank were I only have one stem (Bacopa caroliniana). Your stems, lighting and co2 may be different.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Often times plants will show some reddidh/brownish coloration on developing growth. Usually it will turn green once fully developed, unless it is the sort of plant that displays red leaves.

Oftentimes, stem plants will look more red towards the top of the tank due to increased lighting and/or CO2 levels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.