The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cleaning out a canister filter and low and behold a red wag platy jumped out and landed in the rubbermaid tub.

My daughter wanted some red wags for my unstocked 75 gallon about a month ago, and I obliged her by getting two of them. They both disappeared within a few days...only to have one reappear today! He has been in there for about a month. The sponge had fallen off the intake tube on my canister around that time so I guess he got sucked into the filter...poor guy.

He is now in swimming around happily though with a full belly in my 20 gallon tank, looking no worse for wear. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A long time ago, I bought my grandmother a khuli loach for her tank only to have it disappear shortly after. Well, that was that. It must have jumped out and flopped away somewhere. Well, three years later, she called me on the phone to tell me it was back in the tank. It had been in the space below her undergravel filter for three years until it found its way back out. Maybe it came up to eat at night, or maybe it stayed there for the whole time. Either way, she never saw it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
A long time ago, I bought my grandmother a khuli loach for her tank only to have it disappear shortly after. Well, that was that. It must have jumped out and flopped away somewhere. Well, three years later, she called me on the phone to tell me it was back in the tank. It had been in the space below her undergravel filter for three years until it found its way back out. Maybe it came up to eat at night, or maybe it stayed there for the whole time. Either way, she never saw it.
Hah same happens with my nerite snail, he goes away for like a month then just appears one day then is gone another month, its pretty funny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.