The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or an I just killing it? Received 2 very cool tiger lotuses 2 or 3 days ago, planted right away. The leaves seem to be melting at record speeds, the little one has 2 leaves left and one has turned see-through (leaf and stem) just since this morning.

I hope it recovers, I was leery about crypts when I first started but they really come back beautiful after a melt.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's possible you just shocked them with the transplant. I have this plant and it is very hardy, my guess is yours will come back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had them for years. One of my favorites. Just about any LFS will take them in trade. I've gotten as much as $35 for one plant.
It is rather uncommon for them to melt back, but I have seen it. Don't give up on it, as crazyfish said, they are hardy. Be sure to put a root tab under it. I seems to help them get a good start. They are heavy root feeders. Also if you put a couple drops of Iron in the water once a week, once it gets going, it will keep them nice and red. Just not to much or you end up with hair algae.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
IME, abrupt temp water changes are known to send them into dormancy shock, remember these grow floaters and flower in relatively still, warm waters

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine melted when I first brought them home but after a couple days came back with a vengeance and now take up most of my tank with their stems/ surface leaves. They send up a ridiculous amount of leaves but the leaves don't last for very long before the stem starts to melt away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts