The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. recently put one of these guys in my tank (Saturday) and his coloring is very pale.. but otherwise seems ok.

Is this caused by stress? any ideas?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Stress related. Should color back up when he gets fully acclimated. No worries if your water is good!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool... thank you I was hoping that is all. Water looks good per my tests

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New prob with these guys.. anyone have any that were Jumpers?
I lost two from apparent suicide...:(

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I only ever have kept one per tank. I had a skunk botia chase them up the output of a Penguin HOB and cause them to slam their heads into the impeller. This happened 3 times before I figured out what happened and made me get rid of the botia. Besides that in another tank, I did lose a couple to jumping. You just have to make sure there are no aggressive tankmates.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Im just stuck NOT having them for a while.. I have 3 Green (Tiger) Barbs and they tend to be pushy.. they might have wigged him out.. but I don't want to put a tank cover on so I'm going to go with out.

I just loved the idea of having a solitary black fish in the tank.. i can't thik of a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never thought of an angel.. can they be kept solitary or do you need to have a pair?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My Rainbow shark (very similar to red tailed sharks), is normally the first to tell me something is off in the tank. I have, personally, found them to be extremely sensitive fish, and when he's stressed he will go very very pale. It shouldn't take it long for it's color to come back though. I wouldn't dare keep more then one though, mine can be pretty territorial with the CAE I have, and was the same with the Parrot Cichlid I used to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.