The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to my lfs on the phone today and they said they are getting these in but I cant find any concrete info on them.Are they the same as rainbow shrimp?

·
Registered
76 Posts
There was just a discussion and photos of these guys on Petshrimp. They're interesting, but not nearly as visually exciting as the name makes them out.

Than again, we shrimp folks think all shrimp are interesting. If the price is decent and you have the space, why not buy 'em? At least they'd be going to a more knowledgable home.

·
Registered
517 Posts
my lfs had something called redtail shrimp also. they look like giant ghost shrimp with a red/pinkish tail. nothing outstanding except for the size. like 3 inches easily or so for an adult i believe

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Cant check petshrimp im not welcome there :hihi:

I might just buy a few, I just hope I dont kill them.
Haha same for me... SOOOO many people are banned from there:hihi: I got a static IP ban I'm pretty sure... I set up a new comp, new IP adress and am still banned...

Go for it, the worst that could happen is they die...

-Andrew

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha same for me... SOOOO many people are banned from there:hihi: I got a static IP ban I'm pretty sure... I set up a new comp, new IP adress and am still banned...

-Andrew
I'm not bothered, I was going through a proxy so I could read the forums but thanks to this place and a few others I dont need the petshrimp.com forums for advice.

·
Registered
517 Posts

-Andrew
I thought you only get a new IP if you have a new internet service provider or 56k dial up. I'm not computer savvy, but I would like to think I at least left my highschool cisco class with SOME bit of knowledge.. :help:

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I thought you only get a new IP if you have a new internet service provider or 56k dial up. I'm not computer savvy, but I would like to think I at least left my highschool cisco class with SOME bit of knowledge.. :help:
Well no. From what I know, Each computer has a different IP address. Unless you take the old comp. and plug it into the exact same internet connection you will have one thats slightly different, maybe one or two numbers.

I think he banned like all the ips in the range i was in.

-Andrew

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doh the tank said red cherry, blue and red tail shrimp but they were all stressed so they all looked pretty much the same.I took 2 that I thought were either cherrys or red tail but looks like I picked blues as they are starting to look blue while in the bag in my tank.Are these blue dyed???? I hope not :(

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well no. From what I know, Each computer has a different IP address. Unless you take the old comp. and plug it into the exact same internet connection you will have one thats slightly different, maybe one or two numbers.

I think he banned like all the ips in the range i was in.

-Andrew
oooooh! is that how it works. cool beans. i thought the router assigns each computer it's own subnet mask ip thingy so it can identify each computer but the router itself only has one ip that the internet will see.

well this gives me some home because my laptop is banned from a few forums, websites, and game servers. guess i need to put my desktop together soon :)

oh and uh.. they don't look like snowball shrimp to me, but i haven't seen many to compare em to :icon_neut

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
oooooh! is that how it works. cool beans. i thought the router assigns each computer it's own subnet mask ip thingy so it can identify each computer but the router itself only has one ip that the internet will see.

well this gives me some home because my laptop is banned from a few forums, websites, and game servers. guess i need to put my desktop together soon :)

oh and uh.. they don't look like snowball shrimp to me, but i haven't seen many to compare em to :icon_neut
Well What I'm pretty sure it is, is that the router gives different IP adresses for each comp. Or there would be some problems... Especially games online where you can only have one charecter online at one time... Imagine having two people playing in the same house with different comps? Getting banned for no reason:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Now From my understanding if you say take your desktop PC and take it out, and put your laptop in the same internet cord, You will probably have the same IP.

I was banned from that site and I THINK he did something called a static ban which banns all IPs in a certian range, since I can't get on on any of my other comps in my house (2 others)

But You should make a thread in the lounge really since this is waay off topic now And I'm not going to say any more:hihi: There are a ton of IT guys in this hobby so you should be able to get a 100% correct answer from them:hihi:

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.