1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the red sea paintball deluxe system running on a 24g aquapod for just two weeks and I'm happy so far. No experience on how long the 20 oz tank will last. I used clippard tubing for the high pressure part of the setup. The co2 reactor seems to do a good job. Please be ware that all parts of the kit have to be connected via tubing. I think the kit is a cost and space effective solution for a small system. The needle valve allows for good control over the bubble rate but the design has some flaws. I'm properly upgrading to a clippard inline valve at one point.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, tell me how long the tank lasts when you run out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i own this system ! i love it ive already been through 2 20 oz bottles!.... the first 20 oz was a mistake i had it running so fast my fish should have been dead along time ago ! so it lasted what 2-3 weeks? lol my second one has lasted a good 4-5 weeks
IM VERRY HAPPY with it

jordan

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that kinda sucks. i found a place locally, really localy that has co2 stuff, so i think i'm counting this out of my want to try list.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The whole system seems kind of expensive to me...why not just invest in a full size setup? Say, a 2.5 or 5 pound cylinder with a non-plastic regulator?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The whole system seems kind of expensive to me...why not just invest in a full size setup? Say, a 2.5 or 5 pound cylinder with a non-plastic regulator?
ease of filling up for some

depending on the location individual, it might be more convenient for them to just go/walk to a sports department store/walmart/paintball shop than it is to go drive to some places where they fill the bigger tanks

for example for me, going to college far away from home, i have no car

but within walking distance of school is a place that can fill up paintball cylinders; this is much more convenient than finding/going a place to fill up the traditional CO2 cylinders

an alternative to the redsea system is to just buy a co2 cylinder, fit an inline on/off valve onto it (the paintball cylinders that come with on/off valves leak) and then fit your choice of regulator (Azoo, Aquamedic, JBJ, whatever!) onto the on/off valve since those have the same valves as the traditional 2.5/5 pound cylinders

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Let me think. College = kegger. Kegger = CO2 cylinder. There must be places close to campus that rent/fill CO2 cylinders.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have also have the Red Sea Paintball CO2 system and have found it to be inadequate for a 55 gallon planted aquarium. Though it's barely not enough for a 55, it would/should be more than enough for a 29 gallon. I am running 2 Red Sea Reactors now instead of the one that came with the system and it has pushed my CO2 levels well above 30ppm, but I need to order a manifold/needle valves so that I can get consistent pressure to both reactors and not worry about readjusting them each day.

BTW I am using 5lb CO2 bottles and they last me about 6 weeks before refill and it's only about $5.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You have a leak. 5 lbs of CO2 should last months on a 55 gallon tank. Not weeks.
:icon_frow Any suggestion on how to find the leak?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Try a soap solution on all connection points to locate the leak.

Well I figured out the problem. My tank only has a 20oz capacity. :tongue:

·
Registered
413 Posts
old thread i know, I'm tired of my bubble system and unstable co2 levels and want to break into the pressurized co2. but I've been looking at all kinds of pressurized systems (green leaf complete system, aquariumplants.com) and best prices i can get are in the $300+ mark for a complete setup. Thats way out of my budget range. so I'm wondering if this would be worth it for a 20G tank?

EDIT: meant to say bubble ladder system but you get the idea.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've had this system for 2 weeks now and am pretty satisfied with it.I use it on my 29 gal bowfront.I got rid of the reactor within the first 24 hrs and made my own out of a power head and small python.Much more efficient!!
The needle valve is decent but could easily be upgraded.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree, I too own this system...I'm not very happy with the reactor....the reactor still spits out bubbles every now and then.....but over all, i think it's a nice kit

·
Registered
413 Posts
so rather then using the reactor, what would you recommend using? just a normal glass diffusor? i've used the red sea yeast system before and hated the little pump it came with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts