The Planted Tank Forum banner

Red rilis became blue rilis?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Kehy 
#1 ·
I've had a pair of red rilis in a small bowl, and when I put them in months ago, they were lower grade, without a ton of red, but red nonetheless. When I took them out today to move them to their new home though, I was pretty confused- they had turned blue. They're the only shrimp I've ever had do this, none of the other red in their generation, or the generation before them did this. The female is now berried and a little more yellow, but she has more pronounced stripes. The male has a red splotch on his side, and red dots on his face. Kinda cool, I guess.
This happen to anyone else?

See less See more
#9 ·
Wicca is correct. :proud: I was a little apprehensive about mentioning that- only because I honestly have no idea how prevalent the mutation of BV is! LOL

It could be something that pops up occasionally on a regular basis, and was bred into a strain, then bred for the deepest blue.

After all, stripes on the back of yellows pop up occasionally on a regular basis, and was bred into a strain called Neon.

I honestly don't know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.