The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male/female pair of young red rilis that seem to have randomly developed black stripes. They still have their red, and the stripes are in the clear section of their bodies. I had them isolated so I could breed for a reduced amount of red, and I also have another male in there that hasn't developed stripes. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
(sorry for the bad pic, that's the female)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I have a male/female pair of young red rilis that seem to have randomly developed black stripes. They still have their red, and the stripes are in the clear section of their bodies. I had them isolated so I could breed for a reduced amount of red, and I also have another male in there that hasn't developed stripes. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
(sorry for the bad pic, that's the female)
Young rilis seem to have splotches that clear up when they grow older or the splotches turn red.

If you don't mind me asking, why breed for a reduced amount of red on a red rili....that would just make it a low grade cherry rili or eventually a snowballs shrimp?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually trying to get a Rikki with three sous of color ousted of just color on the head and tail. I love the randomness of it, it's really cute to me. I know it's not really sought after, but I like things that are a bit different

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.