The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bf and I were searching for CRS Breeding video instructions, but couldn't find any. We did find this:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmjjQkMi9A&feature=related

Pictures:

Wow! I had never seen a red legged CRS before and boy are they beautiful! :biggrin: We couldn't find much more information on this other that they are "pure" lines?

Would anybody happen to know where you can buy these variety of CRS and are they much more expensive? Could diet play a factor in bringing out its color?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Those are usually referred to as the PRL or pure red line of crystals. They are very expensive. lol. Its just selective breeding. You see one crystal with a bit of red on its legs and keep breeding it and keeping the ones with more red each time, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
You're looking at like 400-800 dollars a piece for those beauties. Some are even more.

You can sometimes find low grade PRL for much less, but for nice things like full white legs, full red legs, etc. expect to pay top dollar.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$400-800 each? Oh my! Thats more than King Kongs (non-ape) variety right?

·
Registered
237 Posts
HOLY CACA
400 for a shrimp?--lmfao
sorry too rich for my blood
kind of looks like it was put together
ok lets take the legs of this one and the body of this one
FRANKEN-SHRIMP

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I realized that one of my CRS has a slight pink / faint red on him/her. It's an S+ grade CRS. Will for sure pay close attention to that one from now on : )

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
i have a couple crs with red like that on the first half of their legs and an sss with white legs like those are red.. sadly i don't have a good enough camera to photograph it :/
its definitely something that can be bred for but will take some time. and yeah buying any with legs like that and that solid coloration is going to run ya a pretty penny thats for sure :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
$400-800 A piece, I have 3 red leg CRS SS 2 female 1 male.
could not remember who did i buy from more than 20 source.
also some wht leg from Nikki K14. Will try catch those red leg and breed them.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
There's a difference between a red legged crs and a red legged PRL. Mainly a few hundred dollars, lol
lol. Ya, I was gonna post that. PRL are more a separate line of CRS than just a red legged CRS. I have grade B/C CRS that have half red legs. but crappy colored bodies, no red face and certainly aren't PRL.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You need 1,250+ of these shrimps to be a millionaire. Its doable! Lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts