The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just planted Aponogeton Ulvaceus and Crispus..both are growing new leaves however all new growth is showing pale red leaves with green viens. The new growth leaves are at least 4 to 5 inches now. Why am i getting red leaves on these not the bright green Im supposed to be getting from them?? Hagen DIY CO2 Seachem chems and 3.6 wpg 78 degrees.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Here is my guess. Are the leaves really close to the water surface? You can get red leaves and stems if the plants are growing too close to the surface.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
i don't know anything about those plants but i do know that there are a few species out there that are red under stressed low nitrate situations.. if ur using seachem. im going to take a guess you have low nitrate as they provide small amounts unless you do large doses

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At bottom of tank of bow front..new plants 6 inchs high..never thought of low nitrates..i just put this tank back together two weeks ago..been in storage for two years..and has no fish in it now..will be getting some soon..how should i raise the nitrate level?? thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.