The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my boesemanis, a careless store clerk ended up giving me one red eye tetra instead of a boesemani.... it has since been worked out, and I went to collect my actual boesemani replacement.... but now I'm left with a lone red eye tetra.

I'm re-doing my big boesemani tank, and don't want this tetra to go back in when the rainbows are put back (trying to keep it relatively a species only tank)- so I was wondering...

I have a 5g walstad style planted tank with 6 amano shrimp, snails and a small number of neon tetras. Would it be safe to put this red eye tetra in there? Will they pick at the shrimp/kill them for their meats? D:

The amanos are all fairly large (except one, I call him mr. teeny)..... but still... I was hoping someone who has experience keeping these fish would give me some advice... since I sort of just acquired this fish without knowing a thing about them :/

Can they join the amanos, or should I find it a new home?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm going to say no. In my experience, Red Eye Tetras are like little piranhas. They're bad about nipping fins of other fish, so I'd assume they'd attack shrimp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts