The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first build thread was "Another Crabbitat" detailing a 20gal build. It housed several brackish Red Claw crabs. 2020 sucked and resulted in a move to new local among other things. The 20gal tank is in storage and my surviving red claw was demoted to a 2gal hex.

I just hit 90 days at my new job and treated myself to a new setup. Layout idea is a red lava rock cliff with streamlet cascading to sea. Plants will be amazon sword, java fern, and java moss. This time I will establish plants well before adding crab. I've also trained him to eat carrot and apple from my hand.

Kit:
Zilla 12"×12"×18" terrarium that holds 5"or 2gal water
Ponicspump PP09205 [email protected], [email protected]
Nicrew ClassicLED Gen2
Aqueon Flat Heater 5W

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pictures: Big Boy and his micro tank Food Ingredient Cuisine Recipe Dish
Water Pet supply Gas Glass Wood

The new tank is designed for climbing critters that have all equipment outside the tank. So first thing I did was modify lid to make cord access for the pump and heater. The lid has 2 screen sections with metal screen held in by spacer bars. I trimmed screen back and made a foam grommet.
Writing implement Office supplies Wood Gesture Office equipment
Grille Office supplies Netbook Rectangle Office equipment

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First section of the tank hardscape in place. This will house filter sponge and pump. So fun fun :rolleyes: working with all 3 kids breathing down my neck. Siliconing something inside a 12"x12"×18" tank with the tube gun was a challenge. If I do this size again, I may get the small expensive tubes.
Automotive tire Blue Road surface Wood Bumper

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the last sections of the hardscape structure siliconed in place. Once this dries, I will cover the coroplast with various sized lava rocks.

I need to buy a new inlet sponge since the opening came out a little big.
Azure Art Graffiti Wall Automotive design
Hood Azure Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last bit of work on the tank till next weekend. I started siliconing the rocks along the edge of the lowest "tide pool". Still not sure if I'm going to use plant substrate or just sand.

Wood Gas Flooring Art Trunk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.