The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently received a Red Clawed Crab and rather than put him in my 25g as planned I put him in my 3g eclipse. no chance of escaping from it. I knew it would use the filter for leaving the water once he found it, but now he pretty much lives on the filter so I never see him except for the occasional journeys back into the water to seek food (it does seem to pick the debris off the filter pad). I usually catch it 2 or 3 times a week at night on the bottom. recently I see it during the day for a few minutes a couple times per week, guess either he is hungrier or more comfortable - or both.

tank is planted with good amount of crypt's and DID have some micro swords. the micro swords have "mysteriously" vanished. hmmm. I also had a small layer of detritus all over the sand bottom that has all vanished. again hmmm. maybe he and the growing number of Least Killifish teamed up on that.

I havent SEEN him go after the Killi's but as fast as they breed I wouldnt miss some missing here and there anyways. would like to add some pics but as the smaller elcipses do, the front currently has a bit of algae growth. I am pretty sure he has reduced my Ramshorn Cleanup Crew. hmmm

I am going to find a very small cave for one corner for him so maybe he hangs out on the bottom more. I know I should have already done that

Patrick

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha right now he still pretty much lives on the filter of the 3g eclipse. and good thing he does - he survived a chemical accident (overdosed tank on plant food) that clouded the tank water and wiped out my Least Killi population in a couple hours.

Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.