The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my first batch of cherry shrimp (thanks, beviking). When I first added them to my 75g tank I thought they would be okay since they easily avoided the small fish and the dwarf Gourami's had no interest in them.

A day later, however, and I could only see one of them and a day later, not a single one. Early this morning, however, I needed to check something in the tank so I flicked on the tank lights. Eureka! I easily spotted a dozen or so of the original twenty quickly skittering off into the plants.

So, are they just protecting their hides during tank 'daylight' or are they generally more active at night?

Thanks,

Marco

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I agree with all above. They will come out when it's safe, they're quite smart really!

My shrimp never seem to sleep, they tend to go group feeding so to speak at night more often though..

-Andrew

·
Registered
477 Posts
My shrimp are out 24/7 too. I swear they don't ever sleep because they're constantly on the move. I have so many RCS I can't tell if they're more active at night or during the day cause I see them all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found 'em

I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough or in the right spots. I spent a few minutes looking and I was easily able to locate ten or more of them. It seems that they like sticking around a plastic ornament near the center of the tank and the Java Ferns around it. Considering what everyone has said about the Gourami, I guess this is where they feel safe. I snapped a few pics and they seem to have pretty good color.

One near an Amano

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ah! You can see her saddle too. It won't be long before they drop, so you can see her eggs soon. :) If all goes well, you'll have lil cherries all over the place! hehehe That's if your fish don't fnd them first and make a snack out of them :eek:

G

·
The shrimp

I feed mine whenever aswell I feed them almost every day usually every seccond day but day or night doesnt matter because they wil swarm the food when ever i put it in! Just a quick question... How long after they develop the saddle until they will be "eggs" on the bottem of the female.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.