The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of color of the shrimp You will get, mixing (by mistake, or in purpose) Red Cherry with other Neocardinia?. the hybrids will go back to natural grey color? I am not planning to do such a thing, but what would happen if Red Cherry would cross breed with Yellow Neocoradinia or Blue Velvet?. I am sure it is happening sometimes

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
You would end up with mainly wild types (clear-brown). I haven't personally crossed different color Neos, but I've heard Red Cherries mixing with Blues, throwing out some Rili patterns. But I'm not sure what the Rili offspring would end up throwing out, I wouldn't think it would "breed true" given that it's genetics aren't from a more stable strain of Rili parents.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
A lot of the different color variations have nothing to do with each other, such as yellow and blue diamond, but red cherry > red rili > blue rili > blue velvet > blue dreams is an established genetic lineage. You would just end up going backwards in lineage and muddle everything people worked for.
Apparently, red cherry + blue rili/red rili = mix of cherries and rili, mostly with really bad patterning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.