The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am seeing what people recommend for a heater. I am planning for my 75 gallon tank, and I am probably going for two 200W heaters. I know the Visi-Therm Stealth is extra reliable, but there is no operating light, and I need one of those just so I know it is operating. I have a Visi-Therm Deluxe on my 10 gallon, but I heard some stories of them "sticking". What about the Eheim Ebo-Jagers? I heard they were reliable, but they are more expensive........

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I know you're not going for the Visi-Therm Stealth, but I have never had any problems with mine....and I have 8 of them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
what kind of filter are you using?

I use a Hydor 300 W inline on the outlet side of my canister and it keeps my 75 Gal tank at 79.7-79.9 at all times.

Lou

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I like the visitherms stealth heaters for tanks without a canister. The hydor ETH is perfect if you have a canister.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Use a Hydor ETH. If you decide on an in tank heater the Theos are good heaters also. Consider using a controller for two heaters, it is nearly impossible to get two heaters synced, one will always work harder than the other and cold spots in the tank may result. Do yourself a favor and do a lot more research if you are considering eheim-jager heaters, every one I have owned is a POS.......DC

·
Registered
135 Posts
i love both my Hydor ETH and my stealths, depends on my arrangement, i started using stealths when i got fish that i've had break and or attempt to consume glass heaters :).

I got the ETHs when they were on clearance at petsmart in town. i figured hell i have three fluvals i'll give them a shot....very reliable so far and much nicer to deal with for adjustments.

Jason

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you see, if I were running only one heater in one tank, I would go for a Stealth. Since I am running two in the larger tank, I need lights to see that they are both calibrated properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts